Prof. Bernhard Leitner studied from 1956-1963 architecture at the Technische Hochschule Vienna. In 1964 he continued his studies in Paris. In 1968 he moved to New York, where he became urban designer at the Department of City Planning and head of the programme “Urban Design Studies: Humanistic Perspectives” at the New York University. In 1987 he returned to Vienna, where he has been ever since Professor at the Hochschule für angewandte Kunst. Since 1968 Leitner has designed spaces with the material sound and explores specific sound-space conceptions.
appearance at Tuned City
listening to soundspaces / 02.07.08
sound – space – architecture / 02.07.08